Job Description Req #: 1900789
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Job Category: Information Technology
Work Location: 400 Dexter Ave N. 98109
Organization: Information Technology
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-San Francisco
Based in Seattle, the Senior Manager, Salesforce Technology is a strategic, hands on role that will have day-to-day management of our Salesforce.com platform and direct the work of our technical resources. This position will be responsible for oversight of the technology and architecture expertise for our platform, integration standards and best practices, as well as any data migration activities on the Salesforce platform. Working extensively with IT Business partners, integration teams and project managers within the organization, this role will oversee a customized platform, hence candidates should be very familiar with the salesforce.com platform and must be willing to get their hands dirty and jump in and write code, if necessary.
* Oversee the architecture of complex technical salesforce.com and related solutions.
* Responsible for overseeing platform support team and their offerings (including release and environment mgmt.)
* Provide suggestions and best practices for integrating multiple technologies with Salesforce.com/Force.com.
* Remain current on evolving technologies and make recommendations for solutions relative to salesforce
* Run technical workshops and enable technical decision making by the business by being able to talk about customization vs configuration.
* Help map business/functional requirements to Salesforce.com features and functionality.
* Establish best practices on the Salesforce platform for coding and delivery.
* Perform code and architecture review of the solution that's developed.
* Direct the work of onshore and potential offshore resources (system integrators) and help provide technical specs to the development team.
* Bachelor's degree with 12 years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in technology implementation for full lifecycle enterprise software projects.
* Extensive technical experience working on the Salesforce.com platform
* Demonstrated experience developing Salesforce customizations (Apex/VF), integrations, and to develop and execute data migrations. Some experience with writing scripts is necessary for this role (Apex, VisualForce)
* Prior experience leading projects, technical project teams, and performing code reviews.
* Exceptional communication and program management skills, and ability to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and be creative within a team.
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.
Celgene Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company.