Senior Manager, Project and Program Management
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Global Customer Care and Experience (GCCX) organization continues to grow and evolve, and includes many change initiatives impacting processes, tools and globalization of roles and responsibilities. To ensure continued success, we are creating a Global Change Management and Communications function.
The Senior Change and Communications Manager is a hybrid role that possesses expertise in both Change Management and Communications functions. This role requires that you thrive in managing multiple change management programs and have abilities to help create, manage, and implement GCCX's priorities and ensure initiatives are aligned to global Equinix strategy. To be successful, you will need to be highly skilled at change management analysis and planning. You must also be an experienced communications manager and able to help drive the end-to-end communications (including thinking through key stakeholders, planning, messaging, and delivery). This role will report into the Chief of Staff of Global Customer Care and Experience who is responsible for Strategy of GCCX, and as a team you will be responsible for managing and executing high-impact, global communications that engage and empower our employees and customers and communicate critical information around the world.
The role works with all levels of stakeholders and employees to ensure communications are aligned with corporate policies and consistent with company messaging and overall business strategy. The successful candidate for this position is equally at ease developing a communications strategy and rolling up their sleeves to execute change management programs for change initiatives and drives culture of accountability.
* Change Management Analysis: Conduct impact, stakeholder, and organization analyses in partnership with Business Operations to determine the program's scope, severity, and receptivity. Use findings as foundation for all change management activities
* Change Management Strategy/ Planning:
* Build change management plans that are aligned to overall program plans and are designed to guide stakeholders through the change phases
* Change Management Plans should include all impacted stakeholders with communications and support activities required to successfully implement the change
* Proactively identify and develop improvements to change management strategy and methodology
* Change Management Tracking: Balance high-value strategic delivery with appropriate and effective stakeholder delegation, while enforcing budget, timeline and quality standards in partnership with PMs
* Communications Strategy / Planning:
* Develop a platform and process for creating messages, scripts, and presentations for GCCX Leadership
* Distill complex information into engaging content for presentations and messages to a variety of global audiences
* Design strategies to effectively communicate to all impacted audiences. Develop messaging frameworks, identify relevant channels and vehicles, and plan the appropriate timing and cadence. Introduce new and creative approaches and tactics
* Communications Execution: Author original content, ranging from executive communications, All-Hands presentations, c-level presentations, internal newsletter articles, etc.
* Relationship with Stakeholders and Stakeholder Management:
* Establish and maintain relationships with leaders and stakeholders across the business, ensuring alignment with strategic priorities and help to define/ manage stakeholders, their engagement, and communications throughout the lifecycle, including customers, partners and employees
* 10+ years of professional experience in both Change Management and Communications, Change Management certification preferred
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills
* Independent and self-driven
* Poised executive presence with succinct presentation / facilitation skills, comfortable collaborating with and presenting to executives
* Experience in helping to lead significant, large-scale organization, process, and / or system implementations required. Proven track record at driving adoption and partnerships with stakeholders to ensure change is successful
* Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills - including editing, proofreading, layout, and design. Demonstrated writing ability that is engaging, organized and simple to follow
* Experience in successfully articulating concepts and complex information in a concise manner through presentations, written communication, and various channels
* Must work effectively with various levels in the organization, across a wide range of functions, and with a globally distributed teams
* Strong PowerPoint presentation skills, including ability to illustrate concepts visually
* Strategic and creative thinker with strong attention to detail
* Confidentiality and business ethics; demonstrates outstanding judgment and discretion
* Previous experience supporting support organizations and IT/Telcom companies a plus
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a company that provides interconnection and networking services.