MediaMath's mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
The Engineering Execution and Delivery (EED) team aims to provide rigor around Engineering operations, with a focus on continual improvement, in order to support MM engineers and their cross-functional teams to build, test, deploy, and maintain quality products and services for MediaMath.
As a Senior Manager, Program Manager, you will directly manage the Technical Project Manager team based across NA and the UK (New York, Cambridge, London and Durham) who are focused on quality, on time delivery of the MediaMath's roadmap items. You will maintain a high-level perspective on the overall team health and coach the team towards a vision/model for continual improvement.
You will be responsible for developing and managing the team in the most effective manner to meet objectives. This will include performance management, compensation decisions, rewarding and recognizing employees, and providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
* Support the team in executing technical project management responsibilities and mitigating concerns/risk. Ensure risks/issues are documented, managed and escalated where necessary. Promote data driven reporting/and where possible automate.
* Ensure Standard Agile best practices are followed: Demos after every sprint, Retrospectives done on a regular cadence - inclusive of RACI feedback, gaps, skill issues identified. Contribute to the development of project standards and ensure that project team members adhere to standards. Focus on agile metrics: Velocity & capacity of the teams is known with Velocity Trends & Incident management % allocations, Sprint Story Burn Up/Down.
* Proactively engage stakeholders and ICs to actualize change initiatives. Develop and/or encourage new ideas/approaches. Establish procedures and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in highly complex environments.
* Support Engineering People Leads as a change agent within the EED team (realignment, lighter processes, tooling, RACI, newsletter contributor). Work with the leads to draft the processes that allow the team to scale; Constantly evaluate workflow and identify opportunities to improve individuals and team efficiencies. Continual process optimization.
* Drive special transformation projects and programs.
* Able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
* Able to manage a multi-faceted team and personalities - Advanced listening and mentoring skills.
* Self-motivated and work independently with limited supervision.
* Able to prioritize projects/deliverables with competing priorities and work seamlessly with various stakeholders.
* Experienced in leading complex hardware, software or application solution development projects.
* Detail orientated - extremely well-organized, excellent time management skills.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering.
* 5 - 10 years of experience in project management with 3+ years in an Agile environment..
* 5+ years of experience directly managing people.
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let's face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
MediaMath is a company developing an omnichannel programmatic marketing platform.