What you'll be doing...
The position is for a Production Support Senior Manager on large internet and mobile based application that provides eCommerce and Account Maintenance functionality. You will be responsible for providing leadership, manage day to day production activities, ensure production integrity, enforce production standards. The position requires managerial, technical and motivated individual capable of managing a team software and devops engineers responsible for end to end application implementation and post-implementation support for all changes that goes into the production applications. Oversee installations of major changes into production and Release Management including the final production acceptance review. Will proactively monitor the production tickets, trend analysis, identify areas of improvement for batch and online routines, productivity increase for production support resources, performance tuning initiatives, planning and effective utilization of production resources.
* This role has the overall responsibility for managing Production Support. This is a hands-on role, and the individual needs to feel comfortable with troubleshooting issues, and provide leadership to the production support teams.
* Conduct daily reviews of production tickets, weekly review with Senior Management on the trend and report progress on improvement areas and actions.
* Ensures that the production tickets are monitored and brought under the threshold.
* Work with infrastructure teams in implementing environment related changes. Monitor the production support SLAs and ensure that all the batch and online programs strictly adhere to the SLAs. Highlight and Escalate production incidents and changes that are missing SLAs.
* Understands the base product functionality and the business requirements. Ensures that the production support team is aware of the impact of the changes that goes into production.
* Conduct and participate in post mortem calls for high severity incidents in production.
* Candidate will be working on global application, he/she should be flexible to work with stakeholders and partners in different time zones.
* Responsibilities include analyzing production errors to define and create tools that help mitigate problems in the system design stage and applying user-defined integrations, improving the user experience
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Application Support and development or related experience.
* Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins and Selenium.
* Experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management.
* Experience in Infrastructure Support, Configuration and Release Management
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant discipline.
* Experience in software development methodologies
* Knowledge of the following tools and technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, .Net, Java, MQ, and Windows and UNIX operating systems.
* Knowledge with Application Performance Tools such as New Relic or Tealeaf.
* Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong Analytical skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.