The Senior Manager, Technical Project Management is responsible for managing and guiding a diverse program of 30-40 distributed resources (business analysts, developers, quality analysts, etc.) to ensure consistency of processes across multiple scrum teams. The Senior Manager acts as a process owner, partnering closely with the Technical Managers, Product Owners, and Scrum Team Leads to achieve success against a defined set of desired business outcomes. This role will be assisting in the transition of a large financial client from a stringent waterfall methodology to Agile development practices.
* Assesses maturity of process and provides pragmatic/flexible recommendations to improve results as they relate to quality, speed to market, transparency, and adherence to business objectives.
* Maintains a deep understanding of resources available to capitalize on strengths and minimize weaknesses, ensuring the right skills and mind-set hold the right positions on the team.
* Collaborates with Program Management team to plan multi-team capacity to shape program roadmap and help prioritize initiatives based on capacity, dependencies, and business objectives.
* Tracks and manages risks at a program level including the appropriate strategy/timeline associated to acceptance, mitigation, or avoidance.
* Leads program-level planning ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives, Program Stand-Ups, and other relevant ceremonies.
* Supports the Product Owner in ensuring program backlog contains a healthy amount of groomed work for prioritization into upcoming sprints.
* Creates a consistent flow of information to clients, the team, and internal leadership on achievements, challenges, and corrective actions required to optimize successful results.
* Serves as a guiding force on the governing committee responsible for resolving conflict, providing best practice recommendations, and removing impediments.
* Resolves internal and external dependencies and ensuring alignment across partners/clients results in timelines free of bottlenecks.
* Provides coaching and mentoring to Agile standards (story writing, grooming, estimating, etc.)
* Continuous evaluation of people, process, and tools associated to delivery, providing recommendations to adjust where necessary.
* Responsible for managing and optimizing capacity, velocity, quality, and business outcomes.
* Delivers results in an environment of trust, respect, and collaboration.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders across all roles and levels.
* Analytical and data-driven mindset to facilitate individual and team-wide decision making.
* Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to all audiences.
* 5 years project management experience, with a focus on Agile Methodologies, specifically implemented using Scrum.
* Complete understanding of both the underlying infrastructure of the system and the individual application requirements to facilitate providing technical input into the development of the system as appropriate.
* Experience in the management of complex product development and delivery.
* Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 2 years.
* Meticulous organizer of time and tasks.
* Experience in successfully delivering large/enterprise size projects, ability to make independent decisions, ability to lead teams, ability to stay calm under pressure and multi-task.
* Experience in working and communicating effectively as a part of a team, balancing needs across stakeholders and technology teams.
* CSM certification is strongly preferred. PMP certification is a plus.
* Atlassian Suite experience (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo) is strongly preferred.
* Experience with Oracle databases, web development, Cognos Reporting, and Unica campaigns is a plus.
* Knowledge of approaches and techniques in the Agile space such as:
* User story-based requirement model
* Story Pointing/Relative Sizing Techniques
* TDD (Test Driven Development)
* Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
* Automated testing
* MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project or other project management software; Visio or equivalent.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.