Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, Network Engineering
We are actively seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious technology professional with deep technical expertise in networking to join us! This is an opportunity to lead a high-performance team, manage a large and evolving network infrastructure, hone the performance of the environment, and foster the use of expert level troubleshooting skills by the team.
You will collaborate and innovate with smart and passionate people within Capital One to push the envelope to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will manage a team of dynamic and talented network professionals who want to learn from your experience and skills. You will work closely with Engineering and Architecture leads to help deliver next generation DDI and F5 products in cloud and physical Data Centers.
On any given day you will:
Direct a team of senior-level associates with Tier 3 sustaining engineering responsibilities to:
* Lead enterprise strategy development/design standard development/asset management, and lifecycle management efforts for owned platforms/technologies
* Own relationships with technology vendors
* Tenaciously manage platform environment to ensure it is operating at optimal levels through proactive monitoring/tuning
* Drive major incident/problem resolution, consulting with other technology support groups as needed as part of problem resolution efforts
* Lead the implementation of new platforms, code versions, and features to meet lifecycle management and business requirements
* Assess security vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans and successfully implement them