What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Manager in the Verizon Global Technology Solutions team, you will lead and coordinate the activities of a team to manage the Verizon Consumer Group IT Managed Services and Front Door/Governance team. You will collaborate across multiple organizations to prioritize incoming work, define engagement models and process within tools. You will oversee demand management and vendor change management while monitoring vendor performance.
* Oversee all transition and transformation planning, execution, reporting and related escalation management.
* Oversee projects globally, requirements, costs, deliverables and contract performance related to the project.
* Manage and monitor demand from owners/business units and share relevant work with vendor
* Collaborate with Vendor on developing estimates for work
* Manage contractual vendor agreements using our Project Administration Tool; outlining prioritized work, expected deliverables, timelines and level of effort.
* Develop forums to secure sign-off on level of effort between Verizon delivery and Vendor delivery
* Ensure tools in use have the required functionality to support vendor management as well as service delivery
* Establish governance forums with necessary parties to track performance management
* Oversee regular inspection that work delivered meets acceptance criteria and definition of done.
* Lead critical issue resolution, escalation and tracking of progress when there are priority conflicts and drive ownership & mitigation of risks raised by business & partners
* Identify improvements and assess impact against Performance metrics.
* Define and manage project activities to meet goals for financial performance.
* Oversee that all relevant governance meetings are held within contract framework.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or fouror more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in a program management capacity.
* Experience managing vendors.
* Experience G Suite and/or MS Office.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Background in Process definition and Governance models.
* Understanding and application of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban) and scaled Agile framework.
* Facilitator to guide and coach a large and diverse globally distributed team to remain focused on Value delivery and execute in advanced agile practices.
* Experience with in Telecommunication industry.
* Experience with IT Outsourcing.
* Experience implementing continuous delivery.
* Experience in data based performance management.
* Experience driving operational and financial management and reporting, ability to design and solve for metrics across quality, productivity, user experience, innovation and cost.
* Experience with Clarity and JIRA.
* Demonstrated leadership skills & capabilities.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills; able to communicate across all levels of management.
* Experience developing content for leadership and communicating program risks and dependencies.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.