Partners Data Systems
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation.
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
The Senior Manager, IT Cloud Infrastructure is responsible for the management, design, installation, operation, and maintenance of the cloud technology infrastructure supporting Invenergy. The Senior Manager will direct all activities of cloud server, storage, network, and other technologies needed for cloud success. They will serve as a technical expert responsible for the design, implementation, and support of cloud-based information technology solutions in current and future state. This role includes architecting, building and maintaining infrastructure, security considerations to deliver highly available and scalable services. The ideal candidate will implement best practices with best in class solutions to ensure the cloud infrastructure meets the business needs and requirements.
* Lead the technical design, maintenance, and operation of cloud-based platforms (primarily Azure but also AWS, Google Cloud, and others)
* Planning, implementing, supporting, and maintaining all hardware, software, and infrastructure used for cloud-based network, communications, compute, memory, application delivery, and Everything as a Service
* Provide guidance to technical teams regarding architectural and procedural best practices and functional experience
* Lead automation efforts to minimize manual work and ensure transparency in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem
* Work with stakeholders to obtain and translate requirements into technical implementations
* Oversee and develop continuous delivery framework and tools
* Create and maintain technical documentation for designs
* Implement monitoring tools and lead service disruption incident response events
* Provide timely/responsive technical support both within and across departments and applications which may include rotational on call support and off-hours system maintenance
* Support Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity planning, and testing. Coordinate outages with multiple IT and Business teams within adherence to the change management process. Includes 24-hour availability except for when coverage is planned in advance
* Actively participates as a part of the department leadership team to develop long and short-term strategies, set and achieve measurable goals and objectives, and develop action plans with challenging but realistic deadlines
* Leverages advanced expertise in complex information systems to effectively communicate complicated, often technical, concepts clearly and articulately through non-technical means, to ensure that all stakeholders are suitably informed
* Identify new technologies that meet specified cost-benefit criteria and take appropriate action to introduce relevant technologies to the company. This may include proof of concept activities, cost-benefit documentation, training, configuration recommendations, contract and service level requirements, etc.
* Maintain metrics necessary to support KPI and KRI reporting related to the area of responsibility
* Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
* Participates in budgeting process to ensure service agreements, equipment contracts and equipment contracts are budgeted for renewals
* Manages change management processes associated with upgrades, maintenance, troubleshooting or installation of new business applications. Includes coordinating with business unit, impacted clients and IS team; works with Project Management group in documenting objectives/scope, plan/tasks, timelines and final outcome
* Planning, implementing, supporting, and maintaining hardware, software and connectivity component by analyzing the functionality of infrastructure framework and designing and planning major upgrade and changes to ensure reliability and availability
* Possesses a continuous improvement mindset and proactively looks for opportunities to increase efficiencies, refine processes and cut costs with internal IT processes as well as throughout the business
* 8 + years of experience in managing enterprise scale infrastructures across broad technology disciplines such as Compute, Storage and Networking verticals
* 5+ years of experience in managing technology teams supporting complex infrastructures
* 3+ years working with cloud-based platforms (primarily Azure) in an enterprise environment
* Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including Azure, AWS, Google and other leading IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions
* Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topologies (Operations Management Suite, Application Insights, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Security Center, Azure Networking, Azure Storage, Azure Automation)
* Must be able to demonstrate leadership of infrastructure change and transformation programs
* Experience integrating legacy platforms and applications with cloud-based systems
* Experience supporting Production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment.
* Relevant experience to enable selection criteria for cloud providers and application suitability assessments including detailed cloud architecture design for global scale and high availability
* A strong understanding of Information/Application security on premise and on-cloud
* Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles
* Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
* Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
* Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills with a results-oriented mindset
* Strong strategic planning discipline, with experience building and communicating business cases for technology change
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both business and IT stakeholders and leaders, as well as related IT project and operations teams
* Knowledge of varying architecture methodologies, with demonstrated ability to select and apply the appropriate method to the problem at-hand.
* Grasp of current and emerging technologies and trends, with ability to rapidly assess and apply new and emerging technologies
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
* Ability to assess necessary activities and prioritize for completion of assignments using excellent time management, prioritization skills and work ethic
* Strong analytical problem-solving ability
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
* Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification Preferred
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.