What you'll be doing...
The Senior Manager - Infrastructure Consulting and Deployment (ICD) will focus on efforts to attain greater market share within the infrastructure, consulting and deployment arena to increase revenue to Verizon. Your purview will include both Pre- and Post-Sale business and client support. You'll also be a thought leader in the Pro Services delivery functions and will lead a team of highly technical and experienced Consulting Engineers who are members of the Building Industry Consultants Services International (BICSI).
You'll oversee a very specialized team of Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD), who have high level experiences and LAN certifications, Inside Plant (ISP) design, Outside Plant (OSP) design, Data Center design and Wi-Fi planning. Each Individual Contributor direct report is also responsible for project management and are PMI (PMP and MCPM) certified.
This role is focused on delivering on-site professional services within the VES/PS services portfolio. You'll provide management oversight, lead service creation efforts within assigned portfolio, and deliver subject-matter-expert level guidance to Sales teams and engage with our largest business accounts. You must understand how to identify business drivers and requirements and be comfortable engaging in strategic discussions with internal and external customers at the executive/ C-suite level.
You will provide cross-country (multi-enterprise) product and service support by collaborating with direct reports, applicable Verizon product teams, Verizon support organizations and technology partners to influence technical direction, contribute to product roadmaps, assist in resolving product technical issues and closing technical gaps from presales through delivery as well as work with Pro Services peers, Product, Sales and external Technology Partners on continual process improvements to accelerate sales and delivery to meet Verizon contracted commitments.
Lastly, you must also ensure highly effective and mutually-rewarding customer relationships, and effectively communicate project and/or issue status to Verizon key stakeholders as well as customer management and executive levels. The Sr. Manager ICD must be an action oriented, results driven performer with a history of achievement operating in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Design - On-Site Infrastructure
* Provide vendor independent consulting and engineering expertise
* Work closely with premier manufactures, suppliers and installers
* Oversee and lead communication design efforts including:
* Manufacture-neutral structured cabling
* Complete communications infrastructure design packages entailing the following components:
* Detailed Statement of Work (SOW)
* Bill of Materials
* Floor layouts showing telecom rooms, outlet locations and cable tray placement
* Telecom room layouts and rack elevation details
* Riser diagrams
* Details such as faceplate and patch panel configurations
Manages and leads a team of professional BICSI engineers who ensure successful design and delivery of:
* Data Center Design
* Certified network design
* Complete job certification
* Site Readiness
Manages pre-and post-sale design and delivery of Data Center Services, including:
* Ensuring that all State licenses enabling Verizon to perform contracting and/or low voltage work where required are attained and maintained, including:
* CA, WA, OR, VA, RI, FL, GA, TN and NV
* Pre-Sale support of RFQ, RFI, RFP cabling requests
* Demark Extensions
Leads reporting team of Principals and top tier Consultants in the delivery of custom PS offerings, including the installation of:
* Data, voice, video and Wireless LAN solutions
* Gigabit and fiber solutions
* Riser cable and horizontal distribution
* Data Center build-out including raised floors, HVAC, fire suppression, and power distribution systems
Ensure effective use of productivity and measurement tools, including but not limited to:
* nSAP Time Reporting
* Monthly Activity Reporting
* Crafts customized development plans to ensure each team member focuses on training, improving skill sets and enhancing the value they deliver to the company.
* Assigns resources to customer projects, tracks overall progress and ensures completion of projects, on-time and within budget.
* Responsible for managing all personnel-related activities such as: recruitment, compensation planning, performance appraisals, personal development and team planning.
* Ensure assigned work is within scope of responsibilities and complies with best practices and established descriptions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in a leadership role in a technical consulting or technical delivery environment.
* Experience with all aspects of Infrastructure Design and Consulting and Delivery for large-scale, complex environments.
* BICSI Certified.
* Knowledge of wiring industry standards; design topologies and construction of cabling infrastructure in ISP, OSP, Campus and commercial office settings.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* A Degree.
* A Bachelor's Degree or ten years of relevant work experience.
* Twelve + years' of equivalent experience in Infrastructure Consulting.
* Twelve years of experience in the following:
* Demark Extensions
* Wi-Fi 802.11a, b, g, n & ac
* Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
* Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON)
* ILEC Demark Extensions
* Grounding, Bonding and Protection
* Knowledge of BISCI, EIA/TIA 568-B standards as well as NFPA and NEC code requirements.
* Knowledge of related construction disciplines (HVAC, Electrical, Hazardous Waste removal) and ancillary services (Paging, Surveillance, and Video) is required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.