Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Salesforce is seeking an experienced leader for our Global Network Operations organization. Working closely with counterparts in the Site Reliability organization, this global team of engineers is staffed by "follow the sun" teams who are always at the ready to swiftly respond to all service-impacting network issues.
As a leader of the Global Network Operations team, you will be responsible for leading a highly specialized team with the primary focus of ensuring the uptime of the Salesforce network. When not remediating service impacting incidents, our team is the service owner for our network, responsible for incident root cause analysis, proactive measures to increase network stability, process improvement to reduce human error, and game day exercises, while driving monitoring improvements and alert-handling automation. The leader in this role must be focused on people and team health, key industry-leading engineering practices, service ownership, and agile leadership. You should have an uncanny ability to understand network topologies, pinpoint problem areas, and drive high availability. You will represent the Global Network Operations organization in cross-functional meetings and own decisions related to our network operations policies and methods.
* Oversee the day-to-day functions of front-line Network Operations; drive accountability and operational excellence to ensure all network incidents are appropriately actioned and SLAs/OLAs are met.
* Participate in high-severity outage bridges to ensure appropriate network resources are engaged, provide technical guidance as necessary, and communicate status to senior leaders.
* Develop and track success metrics and identify areas for improvement in processes, monitoring, and team technical skills.
* Ensure prompt completion of incident-related root cause analyses.
* Identify and provide feedback to the Network Engineering organization related to fundamental reliability issues with the network infrastructure, providing strategy and direction for improvement.
* Contribute to the development of change management policies and procedures, and proactively identify high risk change activity for mitigation.
* Manage performance and development of individual contributors. Act as a technical mentor to Network Operations team members.
* 5+ years of experience in network engineering and/or operations, with a strong preference for someone with experience on a 24x7 team responsible for maintaining the uptime of a large-scale network.
* 2+ years of experience managing both individual engineers and managers, encompassing mentorship, strategic leadership, and hiring.
* Exceptional leadership abilities, with experience in mentoring/coaching, performance management, goal setting, and metrics-based reporting.
* Extensive experience with incident management, and the ability to rapidly assess impact, marshal resources, and direct troubleshooting efforts in order to speed resolution.
* Self-motivated and goal-oriented, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Highly developed organizational and planning skills, with a strong analytical approach to problem solving and data-driven decision making.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively convey highly technical information to senior executives.
* Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies, such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, QoS, etc.
* High level of proficiency in router and switch configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance, with emphasis on Cisco and Juniper.
* Strong knowledge of load balancing, with emphasis on F5.
* Must demonstrate integrity and maturity, as well as a constructive approach to challenges.
* 7+ years of progressive leadership in network/operations roles with 3+ years of people leadership.
* High level of proficiency and experience maintaining and troubleshooting load balancers, with emphasis on F5.
* Experience deploying large scale distributed multi-vendor network environments.
* Highly skilled in packet analysis, network analysis tools, and analytical fault diagnosis.
* Experience in deploying, customizing, and scaling a network monitoring solution.
* Practical knowledge of Agile development methodologies and ITIL principles.
* MS in Computer Science or related field, or
* BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience, or
* Industry-leading job experience equivalent to a college degree
* Ability to travel internationally.
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
We are Salesforce Engineering
Salesforce FY18 Year in Review
Salesforce Ohana Culture
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.