Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager Experience Design Lead
At Capital One, we want to change the way people engage with their money, their bank, and their financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale. Here you'll find designers, hackers, rockers, artists, entrepreneurs, and data scientists. As a team, we come to work every day looking to build experiences that are authentic and bold.
As Experience Design Lead, you will:
* Lead teams through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
* Provide a strategic lens within projects that includes consideration of the overarching customer experience, product portfolio, roadmap, business case, etc.
* Contribute to the development and execution of strategic frameworks and organizational processes.
* You have been trained as a designer, have a background in service or organizational design, and/or developed other skill sets that allow you to think strategically and systematically to create scalable design opportunities at every level.
* Key elements to this role: Strong end-to-end process, research, strategy, facilitation, and consulting skills; service design a plus. Need a leader who can help with facilitation, design leadership, process and people management. Will help focus design research and workshops.
* You love ambiguous problems and are able to capture a clear and concise design strategy.
* You hold human desirability, technical feasibility, and business viability in equal weight on a design project.
* You love technology and strive to understand how it works with design.
* You thrive in making the complex simple and digestible.
* You play between strategy and UX.
* You are a maker.
* You are a visual thinker and adept at communicating via various creative software platforms and/or media.
* You know how to create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize task flows
* You can translate business requirements into (lo or hi-fi) visual concepts and prototypes to be used in testing
* You know how to collaborate and create visual designs for pilot programs
* You partner with Product Managers to influence product design and express / own the UX strategy
* You can create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
* You are an expert at translating observations into insights.
* You love consumer behavior and psychology.
* You have examples of problem solving where you have lead organizations to arrive at successful design solutions.
* You come from a collaborative, interdisciplinary background, yet you are inclusive, understanding, and appreciative of teams that don't have this exposure.
* You like ambiguity yet act decisively, and are able to coach others through an ambiguous process.
* At least 7 years of experience in user experience design or at least 7 years in experience design
* Bachelor's degree in design
* 7+ years of experience in user experience design
* 7+ years of experience with standard digital tools
* 5+ years of experience in information architecture
* 5+ years of experience in prototyping
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.