Job ID: 167166
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Senior Engineering Manager, Merchandise Planning Systems, you will be responsible for plan, design and development of Merchandising, Planning and Inventory Management systems. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter who is passionate in building technology systems that scale and are truly team players dedicated to consistently getting things delivered successfully. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, Merchandising and MCS, you will be responsible for software solution to business requirements, systems design and development with in-house staff and/or partners. In addition, you will:
* Manage large and complex retail initiatives, utilizing strong technical skills with a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
* Manage a team of developers (all levels) as well as vendor teams delivering Retail Merchandising, Inventory Management and Planning solutions using JDA and Oracle systems
* Assist in financial responsibilities such as budgeting, forecasting, accruals and invoice management
* Partner closely with the Functional Manager to build a collaborative working relationship between the BA/Architect and technical team with clearly defined roles & responsibilities
* Provide technical guidance and leadership for team members
* Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
* Manage selection, training, orientation, and assignment of duties as well as performance evaluations and recommendations for personnel actions
* Justify development initiatives and expenditures; make trade-offs of scope, time & budget when issues arise during development
* When required, coordinate with outside vendors / partners to ensure their work is delivered on time and on scope
* Be recognized as an expert across the company with excellent judgment and whose solutions delivered have contributed significantly to the success of Sephora
* Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We're excited about you if you have:
* 10+ years of relevant work experience in IT, specifically in the Retail industry
* Proven experience implementing Retail Merchandising and Planning systems using Oracle, JDA or similar solutions
* Exceptional people management skills with the ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members / direct reports
* Expertise in SDLC process including planning, project estimation, design, development, testing, implementation and post-implementation support as well as troubleshooting practices
* Ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions
* Exposure and understanding of modern integration tools and standards
* Hands-on knowledge of current technology standards/trends coupled with a desire to continually expand personal knowledge/skills
* Domain knowledge of the Retail Merchandising and Planning and technologies and solutions relevant to this industry
* Demonstrated knowledge of all components of Iterative and Agile SDLC methodologies in the context of major systems implementations and especially on projects and initiatives of high complexity
* Ability to establish and maintain relationships with business and technology leaders across the organization
* Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to tailor communication to all levels of an organization
* Demonstrated ability to debate ideas, comfortable managing constructive conflict, and not afraid to challenge the status quo
* Open-minded with proven ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment
* Experience identifying, defining and implementing technical design/coding standards
* Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science and/or relevant work experience
You'll love working here because:
* The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams - people you can be proud to work with.
* The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product ("gratis") various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
* The business. It feels good to win - and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
* The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and "Summer Fridays" (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
* The LVMH family. Sephora's parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora's Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District, but you won't hear us call it a headquarters - it's the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client's every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it's not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.
Sephora is a company operating a chain of personal care and beauty stores.