The Senior Manager, Embedded Software Development will support Critical Care Instrumentation Software development & maintenance.
Responsibilities include creation and maintaining of software requirements and design documents, evaluation of software designs, implementation of software code and review/verification of software deliverables for embedded system software used in medical devices.
The Senior Manager, Embedded Software Development will also take part in development and maintenance of software tool chains and build environments, development of automation processes and unit/regression tests.
* Bachelor's (or Master's) degree in an engineering discipline is required. A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is strongly preferred.
* 14 years related experience is required with a Bachelor's degree or 10 years with a Master's degree.
* Experience in real-time embedded software development using C/C is required.
* Experience with commercial RTOS is required.
* Experience developing software in multi-threaded/multi-tasking environments is required.
* Experience with Hardware/Software integration and debugging is required.
* Experience with laboratory instruments e.g. oscilloscopes and logic analyzers is required.
* Knowledge and understanding of OOD and OO methodology is required.
* Knowledge of ICE/JTAG and software unit testing is required.
* Knowledge of full SDLC processes, UML and static analysis is preferred.
* Must have excellent documentation and communication skills.
* Experience in tool chain and build environment set up is strongly preferred.
* Experience in medical device software development is strongly preferred.
* Experience with GUI development a plus.
* Experience with networking protocols, including wireless, is a plus.
* Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to achieve results with minimal direction. Requires a high-energy individual who has excellent teamwork skills. Must be proactive and creative in achieving goals.
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.