What you'll be doing...
With the emergence of 5G technology, there are new hardware and software device platforms (Emerging Device Platforms) that can be developed to realize innovative new use cases. The Senior Manager of Emerging Device Platforms team leads subject matter experts with experience in various technical areas such as Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC), 4G / 5G Wireless technologies, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, and AR/VR to drive the device technology roadmap.
* Develop and drive device technology strategies and roadmaps for Emerging Device Platforms by identifying / evaluating new technologies across the industry, conducting benefit analysis, and performing trials.
* Develop, update and maintain technical specifications (requirements and test plans) for each area, key performance indicator metrics, logging mechanisms & test plans to verify compliance to requirements.
* Track the proliferation and adoption of new technology in emerging platform devices, and optimize / improve products based on post-launch metrics such as activation time and activation failures
* Lead individuals/processes/operations, and drive discussion/participation/consensus among cross functional teams including network, IT, marketing, sourcing, finance and legal.
* Coach and mentor team members and complete all performance agreement/evaluation/ management activities.
* Develop team members by providing opportunities for growth and exposure to leaders.
* Track capital and expense budget for programs owned by the Senior Manager.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in EE/CS; Master's degree in EE/CS or an MBA.
* Experience in successfully leading technical deployment of new wireless products and services.
* Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap, driving a project from inception to completion.
* The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Seven or more years of telecommunications experience in mobile embedded systems and products.
* Three or more years of experience in leading teams of technical experts.
* Knowledge of 5GNR, LTE ,IMS, VoLTE.
* Knowledge of Remote Desktop Protocol, MQTT, LWM2M, OMA DM.
* Knowledge of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, and GSMA standards.
* Knowledge of mobile operating systems including Android.
* Knowledge with use cases associated with MEC and Drones.
* Experience with technical challenges associated with edge computing and airborne communication.
* Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills including demonstrated experience with executive level customer presentations.
* Strong design skills and problem solving capabilities.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.