Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery.
Are you looking for a high-energy team where you can make a direct contribution to envisioning and architecting next generation Data Analytics platform? Are you looking to join a company with a vision to imagine, design, and create a better world who is also recognized as top places to work for in Silicon Valley?
At VMware, we are not a traditional IT organization, we build differentiator IT solutions in the Data organization. VMware is seeking an experienced Senior Manager to develop state of the art Data, BI & Analytics solutions working on a platform that powers data-driven insights for enterprise reporting and analytics needs.
* Lead a Global Team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, BI Developers.
* Define Data & Analytics Strategy & Roadmap and work with cross functional business teams.
* Understand the business capability/requirements and transform them into robust design solutions.
* Able to perform hands on work using Python, ability to write complex SQL's, understand API and be able to consume/write API's as needed
* Experienced in creating meaningful dashboards using enterprise tools such as Tableau, SAP BOBJ and other open source reporting platforms.
* Perform hands on work using SAP HANA, Hadoop/HAWQ SDI/SLT, Informatica to build next generation NearRealTime data analytics platform.
* Integrate data sets from difference sources using Informatica, Python, SAP SDI/SLT
* Protect data integrity and accuracy. Perform root cause analysis of issues that hinder the data quality. Work with data source owner to increase quality and accuracy of the source data.
* Help data consumers to correctly understand and use the data.
* 8+ years of experience in Data & Analytics roles and at least 3 years in management roles.
* Excellent knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
* Expertise in writing advanced SQL queries.
* Expertise in SAP HANA, Hive/Hadoop/Hawq
* Ability to communicate effectively at Senior management level.
* Working knowledge of BI Reporting tools like BOBJ and Tableau.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and managing stakeholders concurrently.
* Experience in Python Scripting
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redshift is a plus
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field.
This position is eligible for the IT Apps Hiring FY20 referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.