It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
* Lead a dynamic team of Software/DevOps engineers to build and maintain Workday Private Cloud * Set the direction/goals for the team and enable them to be successful * Coach/mentor the team members to reach their full potential and help them grow their career * Create and own the roadmap - in partnership with product managers; Deliver high quality products & features on schedule and on budget * Be responsible for the quality, performance and scalability of everything the team delivers * Measure things that matter and continuously improve them * Build close relationships with internal partners, customers and stakeholders * Foster an environment where communication, teamwork, and collaboration are rewarded
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering major
* 3+ years of leading/managing DevOps/Software Engineering teams; 8+ years of experience in software/systems engineering
* Experience in building and managing customer facing, large scale virtualization platforms. OpenStack experience is a pus
* Deep understanding of engineering best practices and experience in CI/CD and Automation
* Experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) is required. Experience as a scrum master is a plus
* Proven track record in hiring/retaining/growing talent
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.