JOB PURPOSE: The Sr. Manager for Ecommerce Development will provide management and guidance to the Application Development Team staff, focusing on the implementation of new and enhanced applications, high availability and quick resolution of the services delivered by implemented applications. This position has responsibility for all support aspects of the ecommerce application stack including integration with standard 3rd party applications, corporate and retail applications. Desired candidate must have good leadership and communication skills to perform frontline employee collaboration, integration with different interfacing systems, and data to day interactions with the digital operations teams. Must possess strong analytical and cognitive capabilities and understand customer trends. Maintain close liaison with various operational, project, development and product teams as well working within the Technical Services organization to ensure ongoing service and support can be maintained to a defined service levels.
* Supervise personnel including: determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions
* Act as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings and gives input as to needs of customers
* Meet needs of a diverse staff and customer base by promoting and providing a satisfying work environment
* Supervise the daily work of all application development staff to ensure commitments are on time, on budget and on quality
* Ensure that all aspects of operability are delivered as part of the implementation process whilst ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved and ensure full compliance to operational standards, procedures and best practice.
* Schedule and implement production changes such as new applications, software upgrades, roll out of bug fixes, etc.
* Participate in implementation of new applications, bug fixes, and capabilities, review and contribute to design documents.
* Provide documentation to support causes of service incident and problem resolution efforts to maintain entrusted applications/products.
* Collaborate with development teams on systems/application design enhancements and systems/application serviceability.
* Assure compatibility of components and operating characteristics of subsystems or multi-product environment to ensure effective operation.
* Be aware and ensure compliance with established design, testing and documentation standards and practices which are applicable to the project/product/application and are current within the department.
* Create or maintain as required software documentation on all production applications (run book)
* Work with 3rd party technology companies as needed to implement technology solutions to customers.
* Recommend and enforce company application coding standards
* Vendor management as required for COTS applications and middleware tools.
* Configuration management of source code and control of released versions, and documentation.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Minimum of 10 years' professional experience including over 5 years of experience managing technical teams across global organizations required.
* Working knowledge of development technologies in deploying and supporting proprietary and vendor package applications.
* Strong understanding of relational database concepts.
* Experience writing technical specifications is preferred.
* Ability to interface with business areas and effectively translate business needs into technology based business solutions.
* Experience in highly available web application development, deployment and support.
* Experience with large ecommerce platforms (preferably Hybris).
* Knowledgeable with SQL against a relational database such as SQL Server or Oracle and other nosql based databases.
* Thorough understanding of Object Oriented Programming practices and functional programming
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to keep abreast of new technological and or/procedural developments and demonstrate knowledge and expertise with software tools and an ability to evaluate especially as it pertains to the digital landscape.
* Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams, Slack, and Jira/Confluence.
* Strong knowledge and experience of repository management and GIT workflow.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts using strong presentation skills.
* Able to multi-task with strong time management and prioritization skills.
* Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and tactically implement them.
Rent-A-Center leases household durable goods to customers on a rent-to-own basis.