Senior Engineers are independent technology leaders at CDW. Senior Engineers understand customer business needs and apply the necessary technical breadth to drive successful customer projects and CDW offerings and achieve high customer satisfaction. This Senior Engineer will be responsible for providing high quality Unified Communications expertise for the Managed Services Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS). Additionally, the candidate will be expected to provide direction and guidance to local and remote team members. Candidate must have a minimum of five years of experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Develop and implement the technical architecture and physical design of the network * Analyze the existing voice and data networks and recommend solutions * Participate in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade converged network solutions * Follow life-cycle oriented processes and procedures * Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems * Assist in the management of projects using CDW's project management methodology * Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements * Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements * Create and execute test plans to meet project requirements for assigned components * Identify and communicate potential opportunities for cross-selling to the sales team * Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work * Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates * Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's satisfaction and approval * Work with Managers, Sales, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met * Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems * Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life * Off-hours on-call support on a rotating basis is required. Occasional scheduled and unscheduled weekend and night work is expected. * Provide ongoing information to management, clients, and peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements, innovations and solutions. * Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments. * Represent the Managed Services team in planning and client meetings. * Research emerging technologies and help make recommendations on whether or how to incorporate technology into Managed Services. * Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation. * Communicate with management, help desk team, and other IT groups when issues arise or a major problem is suspected. * Perform problem reproduction and identification in the engineering test labs. * May require limited travel based on location.
* As a Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, and Technology Owners * Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision. * Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects * Conducts/leads design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives * Proactively develops plans and activities to avoid problems * Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life * Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management * Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc). * Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies). * Communicates with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes). * Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager. * Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way. * Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures. * Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments. * Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers. * Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation. * Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc. * Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog. * Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations. * Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions. * Conducts training of customers and company employees in both formal and informal environments. * Works directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
* Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent
* Four to six years of large-scale, enterprise-class planning, design, implementation and support experience
* Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
* Minimum 2 years consulting experience
* Minimum of three years related experience in infrastructure/network environments, with some experience in network engineering (hardware and software), network security practices and designing, planning and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology
* In depth experience with Cisco Unified Communications (UCM, CME, CUC, CUE, UCC, CCX, MRA, Expressways, B2B Video, TPX and Video Endpoints, Firewalls, Cisco LAN
* Switches, Routers and Voice Gateways, CUBE, etc)
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of SIP Protocol
* Experience with call flow analysis
* Experience in Cisco PBX and/or Call Center systems engineering experience
* Previous experience developing and delivering complex technical presentations
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet client needs
* Prior HCS experience
* Prior VOSS experience
* In depth QOS design and implementation experience
* Prior Cisco Contact Center Enterprise experience
* Minimum of one year experience in programming or analytical work
* CCNA, CCNP or CCDP certification preferred
* Excellent communication skills
* Project oversight responsibilities and mentoring experience preferred
* Programming experience with any of the following manufacturers' products: Nortel, Avaya, Siemens, or Aspect
* Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
* ITIL Foundations Certification
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.