It's one thing to build a model in R Studio or a Jupyter notebook on your laptop with a pre-fab CSV data set that easily fits in RAM. It's another thing to build and deploy a service that runs on multiple machines, is up 24x7, loads in seconds, makes predictions with consistently low latency, doesn't crash on unexpected/missing inputs. Often the machine learning technique is simple, but making it scale is hard. For example, techniques that involve large matrices or have O(N^2) space/time requirements often break down as you increase the number of documents or words. For example, while sci-py is a great exploratory tool, we have crashed it before due to internal 32-bit limits.
With data such as a billion+ historical job postings, tens of millions of active job seekers interacting with our system, and hundreds of billions of impression and click events, there are incredible opportunities to use your skills to build new data-driven features. Working at ZipRecruiter, you will be helping literally millions of people find their dream job.
* Build and deploy a service that runs on multiple machines, is up 24x7, loads in seconds
* Work on a huge scale search and recommendation system that predicts salaries and candidate matching
* Using your fluency and expertise in Python
* Contributing and working in cutting edge Machine Learning environment
* Working with Big Data, ML, AI. Keras, TensorFlow, Python, Redshift, S3, Spark, Random Forests and Vowpal Wabbit
* Given a training set of job postings, and known salaries, build a system that predicts salary for novel jobs
* Given a user's past history of clicks and open pixels for emails we've sent them, predict their likelihood to engage with an email we're about to send them
* Given the text of a novel job posting, classify it into a taxonomy of 10,000+ categories
* Given a job application (a user who has submitted a resume to a job opening), predict the probability the employer will positively rate that application
* Given a job seeker's previous clicks and applications, cluster them to determine what geographic locations the user is most interested in working
Benefits & Perks:
* A fun work environment
* Opportunities for advancement as our young company grows
* Competitive salary
* Generous bonus plan
* Employer-matched 401(k) plan
* Competitive benefits package
* Healthy snacks
* Local gym discount
* Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.
ZipRecruiter is an online job board that streamlines the hiring process through an interface of screening and tracking applicants.