The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection team (WDATP) is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our Redmond lab. The WDATP team is committed to helping Microsoft customers keep their devices secure against malicious attacks and cybercrime. By continuously gathering and analyzing data, and by working with organizations inside and outside Microsoft, the WDATP stays agile to combat evolving threats. Our mission is to help protect customers and systems with industry-leading proactive protection, advise customers, and engage in valuable partnerships.
As an engineer on our Web ML team, you will work with a team of data scientists to design, build, and deploy end-to-end systems for tracking cybersecurity threats across the Internet, including phishing attacks, malware distribution, scams, command and control, and more. You will provide technical guidance and leadership to ensure reliable, maintainable, and performant delivery of security products that provide protection for hundreds of millions of Microsoft customers.
At Microsoft, you'll have access to vast amounts of threat-related data from billions of endpoints and other sources. Our data pipelines are curated and supported by engineering teams (so you won't have to do much ETL engineering - you get to do the fun stuff.) Microsoft also has many partner teams that have decades of ML expertise and we also offer many company-sponsored classes and conferences that focus on data science and ML. There's great growth opportunity for data science at Microsoft, and on the WDATP team, you'll be able to apply that expertise to protecting customers, such as consumers like your friends and family to enterprises that have critical assets that need advanced threat protection from targeted attacks.
* 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, including testing and deploying iterative releases of software systems
* 3+ years of experience applying, implementing, and/or developing machine learning or statistical algorithms
* Proficiency in C# and/or C++ and SQL
* Experience with very large-scale data processing and analysis
* Passion for best practices in building and supporting production systems
* Advanced knowledge of big data and machine learning technologies, especially in Azure
* Good understanding of machine learning fundamentals, including measures of accuracy, common linear and non-linear algorithms, bias and variance, and performance considerations
* Experience in cybersecurity strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead the evolution of machine learning infrastructure for the team
* Research and evangelize new technologies
* Participate in model development
* Build end-to-end pipelines for turning raw data into protection value for customers
* Coordinate deployment of pipelines to production with service engineering teams
* Create tools to enable fast, reproducible, and organized experimentation by model developers
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.