Senior Machine Learning Engineer
QuinStreet makes the digital media channel affordable at scale for marketing clients. We match high-intent consumers in one of the nation's largest media networks to the right solution and the right client.
Our industry leading segmentation & matching technology platform allows marketing clients to target and reach "research & compare" customer prospects, segment by segment. Our databases and optimization algorithms are built from almost 20 years and billions of dollars of online media experience.
We believe in the direct measurability of digital media. We believe in performance marketing. (We pioneered it.) And we believe in the advantages of technology. We bring all of this together to deliver truly great results for our clients in the world's biggest channel.
We're looking for an extremely smart Senior Machine Learning Engineer to become a core member the team that creates algorithms for pricing, targeting, demand fulfillment, and fraud detection in our marketing platform.
* Use your expertise in machine learning and statistical learning techniques such as classification and regression to produce models applicable to pricing and targeting.
* Apply mathematical optimization techniques to solve network problems.
* Experiment and build models that improve the capabilities of our marketing platform and allow for increases in yield.
* Work with our Engineering and Business teams to implement scalable, reliable and useful solutions for our various business units.
* Run numerous experiments in a fast-paced, analytical culture so you can quickly learn and adapt your work.
* Get the satisfaction of knowing that you helped connect millions of visitors to our affiliates and internal properties to the products and services they are searching for.
* 5+ years' experience in software development
* MS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
* Deep experience in applied machine learning, statistical learning, mathematical optimization and scalable computing.
* Experience with both supervised and unsupervised learning on large data-sets.
* Succeed as an individual but to collaborate and strive for the success of your team.
* Strong sense of ownership in everything you build.
* Presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates and other departments within the company
* A high task load is expected. You should be able to work within tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time management and task prioritization
* Strong analytic skills, especially in assessing and designing for performance
* Meticulous attention to detail and aesthetics
* Must possess ability to work with minimal to no supervision
* Up to date with latest standards for site development and optimization
* Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace
* A great sense of humor is always appreciated
QuinStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.
QuinStreet is an online performance marketing company providing technologies for businesses to identify their targeted audiences.