Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the most trusted Customer Engagement Platform. We are the #1 choice for developers to build over core channels of digital communication - Messaging, Email, Voice, WhatsApp and more.
As Twilio growing we are facing new exciting challenges to create a platform through which marketers can send the right message, at the right time to the right audience on the right channel. Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML driven APIs that deliver intelligent recommendations and enable developers to programmatically send the right amount of messages to each recipient's preferred channel, at the optimal time and perfect cadence.
* 4+ years of applied ML experience in statistical and mathematical modeling such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, and/or reinforcement learning.
* You have the ability to select the modeling approach for a project, train the model, and write production quality code to serve predictions in real time.
* You are familiar with concepts related to testing and maintaining models in production such as A/B testing, retraining, monitoring model performance.
* PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
* Personal traits: Curious, Humble
* Professionally: Passionate, Customer-obsessed, Get things done, highly collaborative, have excellent communication, and be very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty
* Experience in AWS cloud computing or similar.
* You have a deep understanding of frameworks like - PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Keras. Why and how these frameworks do what they do.
* Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages.
* Experience with working in an agile team environment
Twilio is truly unique; We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
This position will be located in our office at 891 Winslow St, Redwood City, CA. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, Friday game time, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,300 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tallinn, Redwood City, Denver and Irvine
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry - from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations - to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.