You'll be one of the first machine learning engineers on the newly formed Machine Learning Platform team. We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun (and challenging) projects that range from recommending relevant content to our users to extracting question and answer pairs from documents. You'll be a part of the engineering team at our client and will ship products that are used by millions of users. We are a data-driven company and we are looking to help millions of students learn more effectively by leveraging machine learning and AI.
As a senior engineer on the Machine Learning team, you'll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
* You'll ideate, prototype, develop and deploy machine learning models for various product features.
* You'll help build scalable platforms for training and evaluating machine learning models.
* You'll lead development on applications of Natural Language Processing for identifying question and answer pairs, disambiguating between topics and building personalized learning solutions.
* You'll collaborate with the other machine learning engineers, analytics, and other product teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
* You'll help engineers from other teams to understand and learn machine learning and help our client be a data-driven company.
Are you our star Machine Learning Engineer?
* You have at least 5+ years of relevant Machine Learning or Data Science work experience, preferably with a focus on Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval.
* You have experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
* You have solid programming skills and are proficient in python, java, scala or an equivalent language.
* You've worked on (and deployed) multiple machine learning models in the past and can design and architect machine learning pipeline and scoring systems.
* You have an excellent understanding of a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) with a special focus on text mining techniques.
* You are passionate about data science and machine learning and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
* You are extremely passionate about education.
* You have an advanced (Masters or above) degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or Math.
What We Offer You:
* Industry competitive salary and stock options
* Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
* 401(k) program to help you save for the future
* Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
* Free weekly lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
* Regularly planned team outings and company events
* Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
* Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Our client is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world's largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we're committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, practice problems, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we're problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We're growing fast, we're profitable, and we're looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!
Andiamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Andiamo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Andiamo complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume as an MS word document including a cover letter with a summary of relevant qualifications, highlighting clearly any special or relevant experience.