Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance an operating system. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software operating systems for the organization's products. Responsible for the instruction, assigning, and overseeing the performance of less experienced software systems engineers. Coordinates the activities of the software engineering department with other sections of the corporation's information systems operation. May train and supervise subordinate systems engineers.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Linux Systems Engineer/Administrator to join our team in the Mclean, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our internal organization and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The selected individual will provide Linux engineering, software integration and tier three administrations in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS)
* Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
* Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
* Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
* Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
* Provide operational pager/phone duty support
* Complete day to day Operations & Maintenance tasks
* Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches
* Perform technical evaluations, analysis and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages and troubleshooting
* Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
* Attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs, ensuring MOA is within scope of supporting teams work
* Support customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline
* Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations
* Bachelor's degree and eight or more years of experience, or additional experience in lieu of degree
* Linux Engineering experience in Red Hat, CentOS and variants
* Experience preparing required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
* Proficiency in shell scripting and manipulating the Linux command line
* Puppet, PHP, Cloud Foundry, Cloud computing including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS, Python, PHP, LAMP desired
* An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph is required.
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office,Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills,Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.