Caci International Inc
Senior Linux System Administrator (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 222984
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
More about this role:
We are seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Sterling Va. who is excited about using the latest technologies available. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Builds and Maintains Linux servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
* Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups
* Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
* Installs, configures and tests software package
* Implementing virtualization solutions
* Configuration of Storage Technologies
* Development of scripts for automation of build-out and configuration of virtualized systems
* Monitoring for firmware updates, IAVA patches, configuration best practices
* Work with project teams, delivery partners to configure, design, develop, and deploy virtualization solutions in support of enterprise systems
* A Top Secret clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in CS or similar.
* 10+ years of experience Linux/UNIX (Red Hat/CentOS preferred)
* 10+ years of experience working in data center environments with related equipment (servers, PDU's, Racks, cabling, etc.)
* 5+ years of experience in virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, etc.
* Shell Scripting (*NIX)
* DoD 8750.01 IAT1 certified (current Security+ or better)
* Cisco networking familiarity
* Git or Subversion familiarity
* Puppet (or equivalent automation tool) familiarity
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc