Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Linux MySQL Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager of Database Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You love investigating a problem and are an enthusiastic learner.
A Look Inside the Job:
* Participate in the design, installation, and operation of numerous MySQL (some Postgres), Redis and Cassandra databases
* Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based database systems
* Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
* Create documentation about this infrastructure
* Be creative and solve complex scaling challenges
* Collaborate with developers to construct efficient schemas and queries
* Explore alternatives, like Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop based databases when MySQL is the wrong data store for the use case
* Travel on a limited basis
* Be available for off hours/on-call support
* Engineering degree not required
* Interest in database engineering, including summer work, school work or a personal project
* 5+ years of experience with Linux administration and configuration; Ubuntu preferred
* Some experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL (or a willingness to learn)
* Experience troubleshooting Linux performance and stability issues
* Experience with scripting and systems automation (Bash, Python, Awk, etc.)
* Best work happens in an energized. team-based environment
* Documentation skills are mandatory
* Good diagnostic expertise, including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
* The desire and ability to see a problem through to a complete solution
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Experience pushing multiple projects at once
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
* Comprehensive health-care benefits
* Free lunch every Friday
* Flexible paid time off policy
* Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
* Fitness reimbursement
* Charity match program
* Transit subsidy in select cities
* Education reimbursement
* And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Datto is a provider of data backup, recovery and business continuity solutions.