How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes * Career & Development Opportunities * Full-time * Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi-disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a data center based Windows infrastructure both physical and virtual. Duties include, but are not limited to, daily monitoring of data center performance metrics, proactive and reactive responses to the metrics, backup administration, software and patch installs via SCCM/MDT or other tools, deployment of new virtual infrastructure, support of our Information Assurance partners in maintain our security and compliance positions, and managing access controls and user accounts via Active Directory
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach , Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop. Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune's Global 500, ComputerWorld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017," and Human Rights Campaign 2017 "Best Place to Work" for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate's roles and responsibilities include:
* Ability to obtain Secret Clearance * Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve all problems * Work as a member of a data center support team * Monitor and take action based on input from system monitoring tools * Apply security hardening settings and work with our Information Assurance partners to maintain compliance with standards * Active Directory Object Management (i.e. User, computer, groups) * Integrate Linux systems into Active Directory, primarily with Centrify * Manage NTFS and share permissions * Identify, analyze, and remediate technical challenges * Administer backups and diagnose backup errors * Partner with application/project/security teams and vendors to plan, design, and implement new IT infrastructure * Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management * Create and maintain technical and detailed design documentation
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. * 6+ years' experience in support of Linux based systems, primarily Red Hat * Some experience with Microsoft Windows desktops (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10) * In-depth experience deploying Linux workstations and migrating end-user data * In-depth knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations * Knowledge of the VMware suite of tools/applications * Understanding of Microsoft Windows Active Directory Services administration and support (e.g. user and computer objects administration, Group Policy) and how it interacts with Linux * Understanding of network services as related to a Data Center environment (e.g. DC, DNS, DHCP, etc.) * Experience with supporting desktop / workstation hardware * Experience with an IT incident/service request system * Strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels * Effective written and interpersonal communication * Willingness to learn new technologies and expand your individual skillset * Familiarity with STIG security hardening settings
* Active Secret security clearance * VMWare VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, Horizon, etc) * Automation via scripting, PowerShell or other * Familiarity/experience with system monitoring tools such as Splunk and SolarWinds, security monitoring/protection tools such as Forcepoint, and access control systems such as Active Directory and Centrify * Experience with the following Microsoft technologies: * SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS * Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync * Windows desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
* Experience with any of the following Automation technologies: * Puppet, Chef, Pivotal, or similar
* Support for DevOps environments * CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Linux System Administrator * Experience with Netapp storage systems * Direct Data Center experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related technical discipline and a minimum of 6 years related experience
or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in STEM , 14 years of related experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.