Senior/Level III Desktop Support Engineer
Irvine, CA, US
Requisition Number: 74149
Insight Enterprise is seeking a Senior/Tier III Desktop Engineer for a Fulltime opportunity with our fantastic client in Culver City, CA.
This team member will be responsible for end user software/hardware release management, and production support escalations using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Group Policy, Active Directory, Microsoft Office and Office 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Office Online, User Admin), SQL, PowerShell, Microsoft Windows operating system deployment tools required to perform advanced workstation software hardware architecture and support.
What you will do:
* The Desktop Engineer is an experienced Microsoft Windows System Engineer that can develop application installation packages and operating system deployments using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Tookit, Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK), Group Policy, AdminStudio, PowerShell, and batch scripting. The Engineer will be expected to software package deployments through Quality Assurance testing, pilot, and change management before release.
* All deployments require post deployment reporting and remediation using Config Mgr and SQL.
* Other responsibilities include workstation hardware and software configuration, and performance analysis.
* Technology implementation require planning, scheduling and communication using modern project management methodology.
* Must be knowledgeable in modern Microsoft infrastructure technology like Active Directory, Azure, Office 365 Enterprise administration, endpoint security tools, SQL, and basic networking.
* We're looking for innovative thinking, a passion for learning, confidence and a great personality to effectively collaborate with a wide range of professionals within the different disciplines.
What you will need:
* 8+ years supporting Microsoft Windows Operating systems
* 8+ years working with Microsoft Group Policies
* 5+ years working with and creating custom PowerShell and batch scripts in order to handle different administrative tasks
* 4+ years of SQL experience. Should be able to create SQL queries to provide data analysis and manage SCCM assets
* 4+ years as a technical lead or project manager for software/operating system deployments or changes
* 6+ years packaging applications for workstation deployment in an Enterprise environment, using SCCM, Alteris, Admin Studio or similar
* 6+ years of QA testing experience with a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* 6+ years supporting different version of Microsoft Office and a more expert level of knowledge
* 4+ years of basic enterprise networking experience
* 3+ years of Office 365 experience
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
* $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
* Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
* 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
* Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Culver City || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Los Angeles, CA ||
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Quality Assurance, Supply, Database, Technology, Engineering, Operations