Ubisoft is composed of over 15,000 talented people located in 30 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
The Senior Level Designer will set the vision for level design in the game, drive that vision by directly building levels that tangible demonstrate the vision, and work with others to achieve an understanding of the vision that is consistent throughout all levels built for the game
* Understand the high level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into level design standards that can be used by everyone to build all of the levels in the game
* Rapidly prototype levels within engine to test out new ideas, gameplay systems, and modes
* Work with multi-discipline teams to build towards the definition of level design standards for the experience and guide the incorporation of the standards into all other levels with vigilance
* Continue to iterate on levels throughout the project phases from concept to final
* Rapidly respond to and iterate on team and player feedback Proactively identify issues reducing the ability of the team to do their best work
* Mentor or manage one or more level designers directly
* Been through one complete development cycle of a modern AAA PVP FPS product from concept to ship
* Conceived and built FPS PVP levels that have shipped in at least one or more modern FPS games
* Understand and can articulate the fundamentals of level design as it relates to modern PVP FPS games
* Has the ability and desire to mentor other level designers in the fundamentals of level design
* Can take the high level vision of the game and translate it into level design that matches the vision
* Worked together tightly with multi-disciplinary development teams
* Acted as a product owner/lead/manager of the development of a level(s), coordinating tasks and working with team members to get work do Requires no micromanagement to perform the responsibilities of the role and deliver high quality work on time
* Managed one or more designers directly in a leadership capacity
* ·Have experience working with user research to playtest level, understand the results from tests, and iterate on levels to improve their quality
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a publishing and distribution company of interactive entertainment products worldwide.