The Team: The Data Services team is responsible for the services and libraries which provide data access for the various S&P Global products. This team is made of experienced developers who understand how to deliver foundational pieces that impact most major areas of the platform. Majority of the work undertaken by the team is in service side development.
The Impact: This team provides data access technologies to the products that our clients use on a regular basis. In doing so the team has a large role to play in delivering our quality data in an extremely stable and performant manner that our clients can depend on.
What's in it for you:
* Opportunity to work on a core part of the S&P Global Platform
* Collaborate with many stakeholders of various parts of the platform
* Direct impact on delivering the strategic vision of our data access strategy
* Use of the latest technologies such as Visual Studio 2019, Azure Dev Ops, Git Repositories, Cloud Service providers and more.
* Deliver on requirements for user stories in a multi-functional Agile team
* Develop expertise in our proprietary enterprise software products
* Set and maintain a level of excellence using various technologies to develop, support, and deploy enterprise class software
* Understand and consider our customer's environments and their use of our products
* Apply software engineering practices and implement automation across all elements of solution delivery
What We're Looking For:
* Ability to provide technical leadership of experienced developers in order to complete complex projects
* Ability to coach less experienced developers in best practices, patterns, and software development techniques
* Strong technical skills in order to understand and deliver on complex requirements
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with other teams in order to deliver features in a high quality manner
* Relevant experience with data related technologies including relational databases (SQL Server, postgreSQL, etc), NoSQL db, distributed cache, and full text search engines
* Understanding of architectural patterns and techniques
* Ability to resolve functional and performance issues using various techniques such as debugging and profiling
* Demonstrated success as a problem solver
What Would Give you an Edge:
* Experience with developing and delivering software as API's or frameworks
* Experience with specific technologies such as Cassadra DB, Elastic Search, Redis, Net Core and Containerization
* Expert level experience with C# development and the .Net Frameworks
* Experience with data access and service related technologies including entity framework, ASP.NET Web API, WCF, and OData
* History of applying processes that help ensure high quality software such as using Test Driven Development, using unit testing to raise code coverage and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is a provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.