This is an opportunity for a senior/lead Computer Scientist to apply machine learning / deep learning, computer vision and cognitive science to solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Additionally, our Computer Scientist will foster and mentor our highly skilled technical staff to provide MITRE-unique solutions across multiple sponsors.
We are a driving force investigating, developing and defining multiple research initiatives in collaboration with academia, industry and our sponsors.
* Provide thought leadership and collaborate with academia, industry and MITRE Technical Centers, portfolio and program divisions in innovation and research initiatives related to machine learning/deep learning, computer vision, cognitive science, mathematics and statistics in combination with cybersecurity, data engineering and social science.
* Work with department leadership to develop and evolve an enduring, adaptive and forward-looking strategy and capability advancing the Department domain knowledge and capabilities that align with strategic/significant sponsor needs and challenges including but not limited to:
o Adversarial information scenarios
o Defining, detecting and measuring information trust, bias/fairness in decision, models and algorithms
o Biometric authentication, detecting biometric or identity fraud, anti-spoofing
o Defining, detecting and measuring bias in datasets and information
o Information security and privacy
o Data generation
o Data impacting quality of decision
* Contribute to the technical work program of one or more projects and provide technical guidance and quality products focused on successful sponsor outcomes, strong leadership and transition of research results to sponsor operations.
* Provide exemplary leadership, caring mentorship, and collaborative technical advice to staff related to Department domain knowledge or capabilities.
Required for consideration:
* Must be US citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a DoD clearance.
* BS in an applicable major such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Cybersecurity or related field
* 5 + years' work experience must include the practical application of: machine learning / deep learning, computer vision, Biometric authentication and related technologies.
* Demonstrated proficiency using tools such as: TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Theano, PyTorch, dlib, JSON, XML, SQL, NoSQL, ETL
* Advanced degrees MS / PhD preferred.
* Preference given to candidates with an active DoD clearance
* Documented success working in the fields of: cybersecurity, data engineering, social science, mobile computing, computer networking, virtualization, cloud computing, and big data