Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife’s Employee Experience (EE) team is a high energy, dynamic group of IT professionals believing in continuous improvement & technology innovation. The Employee Experience team is leading an exciting transformational program with many initiatives underway to increase work productivity and employee engagement. The Sr. Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be working with a close-knit team focused on collective success. The candidate must be a strong analytical problem solver and creative thinker with the ability to ask the right questions and develop a point of view that will influence business decisions. The successful candidate will be a disciplined self-starter and will work well with cross-functional teams to plan and deliver strategic digital workplace capabilities for our global employee population - your work will take MetLife’s digital workplace experience to the next level.
* Establishes knowledge of business challenges and priorities to identify opportunities and recommend technical solutions with action plans to improve ongoing business operation and employee experience in ways that add value to MetLife
* Translates the business needs and vision into functionality that align to the overall Employee Experience ecosystem strategy and roadmap
* Uses agile approach to collaborate across stakeholders and functional teams to recommend solutions to deliver successful digital workplace projects
* Serves as the product owner on development projects to gather, document and analyze requirements for developing and delivering digital workplace capabilities around knowledge management, cognitive search and workplace analytics using an agile software development methodology
* Provides leadership throughout the lifecycles of a project, guiding the understanding the project team has through design and development to ensure project requirements are met
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 7+ years of relevant experience in the Product Owner/Business Analyst role for software development
* Working knowledge of cognitive search and analytics technologies that will enrich knowledge discovery and management experience for users (e.g. virtual assistant /chat or question-answer (QA) applications)
* Extensive experience in designing solutions for business challenges - Demonstrated ability to work with others to gather requirements and translate them into meaningful user stories and specifications
* Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the individual to simultaneously manage several projects, with tight deadlines, while paying attention to detail and quality.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to articulate and present ideas and solutions in clear and concise fashion to business partners, colleagues, and senior business leaders
* Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills, critical thinking and the ability to effectively work through abstract concepts
* Demonstrable experience of managing large, complex IT projects
* Working experience with Azure DevOps, TFS/JIRA and other business requirement tools
* Self-motivated with curiosity to understand and investigate what is possible'
* Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
* Flexible and adaptable attitude disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments
* Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior business executives to business domain experts and third parties
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109399
MetLife is a financial services company providing insurance and employee benefits.