The candidate will support www.Army.mil, the official website of the United States Army. This includes development and maintenance on the main website, smaller feature sites, and backend systems (public API and content management system). The candidate should be adaptable to a steady development pace and capable of working independently, as well as within a team environment. The full-time position is based in the Arlington, VA (Rosslyn). The hours of duty are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some options for flex time.
Primary job duties of Developer:
* Design, develop and troubleshoot software code (such as PHP, HTML, CSS and JS), in a LAMP stack
* Work with development frameworks, like AngularJS, ReactJS, Lavavel, CakePHP, etc.
* Unit test new code (PHPunit, Jasmine, Sinon, etc.)
* Work with version control systems (Git / SVN)
* Collaborate with designers, content managers, social media experts within the team
* Collaborate with an offsite server team
* Apply knowledge and research of industry trends to improve and expand on applications
* Integrate with external APIs (Google Analytics, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
* Work in an Agile Development environment, participating in regular Scrum meetings
* Bachelor's degree in IT related field and 5+ years' experience in web development or a Master's degree in a related discipline and 3+ years' experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
* Flexible mindset and open mind; learn,