Job ID R1905286-2 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019
The Kubernetes & Cloud Native Architect Team (KAT) is one of the leading innovation groups within the Cloud Native ecosystem. Building and delivering Cloud Native solutions with our customers and partners is our lifeblood. We work across private, hybrid and public cloud and our team brings extensive expertise working with containers, networking, Linux, security, storage, monitoring and of course Kubernetes to our customers
Do you love collaborating on finding solutions to hard problems?
Have you always wanted to work on a dynamic team that is inspiring change across the industry?
Do enjoy helping and encouraging others to accomplish their goals?
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to speak with you about joining our team. We are working to help modernize the software industry and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies within our Customer's environments. As a member of the Kubernetes Architect Team you will be involved in most parts of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales thru delivery.This includes creating and customizing solutions, deploying Kubernetes and applications, integrating existing systems and writing code. Our team helps to drive successful business outcomes for our customers and provide valuable insight to our product teams. We also practice what we preach and are active participants in the upstream Open Source community.
Job Role and Responsibility:
In your first 30+ days you will work with the team to develop familiarity with the KAT way of projects and begin your journey of establishing a deep expertise in our methods by shadowing your peers and collaborating with other team members on small projects.
By the end of your first 3 months (90 days) you will have engaged with customers and established a foundation for working within VMware and as a part of the Cloud Native Application Business Unit. At this time you should be capable of managing technical requests, prioritizing customer requests, communicating with our product and sales teams fluently around what our customers are doing, and how VMware can help.
* Hands on experience with distributed systems, ideally Kubernetes
* Hands on experience with foundational technologies including Linux, Networking, and Docker
* Preference will be given to candidates who know Go and/or Python
* Working knowledge of application architecture topics and concepts, particularly as they apply to Cloud Native
* You have a track record of delighting customers with pre-sales technical assessment and post-sale implementation efforts
* You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
* Ability to translate technical guidance into hands-on demonstrations within customer environments
* Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
* Highly adaptable with ability to operate in a variety of environments, corporate cultures, and technology stacks
* Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications andare able tospeak to both
* Travel expectations could be up to70% (M-Th)
Experience with our technologies is not required. The ideal individual does have relevant professional technical experience preferably in a similar role (Consulting, Software Engineering, Development, Professional Services, Site Reliability Engineering), with that in mind, we prefer you possess and can demonstrate the above attributes along with being a clear communicator and an active participant in a well established team culture.
Apply now Apply now