Senior JIRA Developer/Administrator
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6+ months
Primary Function of the Position:
* As a member of the team, the Sr. JIRA Developer/Administrator will be responsible for understanding current processes, identifying gaps, gathering requirements, re-engineering processes, and configuring and customizing applications to meet the requirements. A Sr. Jira Administrator must have extensive experience in managing, upgrading and tuning Atlassian systems (JIRA, Confluence) in an on-prem environment (Server & Data Center).
* Support JIRA/Confluence administration
* Integrate Jira with various key applications
* Active role in upgrading JIRA/Confluence
* Groovy scripting using Script runner
* Support central sign on integration with JIRA and Confluence and Active Directory
* Support infrastructure for JIRA and Confluence with other systems administrators
* Continual evaluation of existing stack in order to maintain optimal performance, availability and security.
* Excellent analysis communication & problem-solving
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
* Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology.
* Highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision.
* Partner with the various departments and groups to understand their requirements and issues
* Facilitate training, workshops, capture and analyze requirements and decompose high-level information into details.
* Illustrate key concepts through process descriptions, workflows and other visual diagrams.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish strategy / vision and analyze business tradeoffs.
* Conduct fit gap analysis and develop proposed solutions.
* Work with cross-functional IT groups on resource requirements and estimates
* Ensure all necessary parties are communicated to in a prompt and efficient manner
Must have Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 4+ years of system administration experience of Atlassian systems (JIRA server, Confluence)
* Experience in upgrading JIRA Server, Confluence Server
* Experience integrating Jira with other applications through webhooks and add-ons
* Seasoned Linux administration skills
* Experience in Tomcat server configuration & tuning, JVM tuning, Apache server configuration/administration
* Patching of JIRA instance and implementing Disaster Recovery strategies
* Scripting experience using Script runner for JIRA/Confluence
* Experience configuring plugins for JIRA/Confluence
* Experience with SQL queries and Database administration skills.
* Experience in using/extending REST Services provided by Atlassian.