Summary of the Position
This is a non-supervisory, hands-on IT position in which the incumbent's main responsibilities are software development, architecture, systems maintenance and modification. The incumbent in this role will be a front-end developer who uses structured analysis and design methodologies to perform full life cycle software development (requirements analysis, design specifications, coding, implementation, and maintenance) for internally and externally facing applications ranging in complexity to support USP's priorities and mission. USP is rapidly expanding the application portfolio on the online development platform and the front-end developer will help in supporting the development and maintenance of the front end for various online applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Performs analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, code review and post-production support for applications based upon the specific needs of USP.
* Adheres to sound design principles and best practices during all phases of software development life cycle.
* Collaborates with technical Manager and Lead to provide expert technical solutions that support long-term business and technology strategy.
* Stays current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate USP's software applications' social and mobile capabilities.
* Creates prototypes, refines solutions and establishes proof of concept.
* Addresses production issues in a timely manner.
* Provides frequent status updates regarding project progress, emerging risks and needs.
* Takes ownership of all front-end development for online development platform; Resolves complex UI issues related to browser and network performance, cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, usability and testability.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Presents architecture designs to management.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in full life cycle systems design, analysis and programming emphasizing n-tier web-based applications development and web services.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience working collaboratively with in a team.
* Experience with ReactJS, Redux
* Experience with SASS and LESS CSS pre-processors
* Experience with developing responsive user interfaces for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
* Experience with UI Concept Modeling/Wire framing
* Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Selenium, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Mocha test
* Experience with developing single page event driven applications.
* Experience with various front-end frameworks like MV*.
* Experience and passion for agile scrum and continuous integration.
* Experience with back-end integration and cross browser/platform compatibility testing.
* Knowledge of JIRA.
* Experience with managing code across multiple GIT branches and repositories.
* Experience with Linux or Mac OSX.
* Experience with front end design patterns.
* Experience with Docker.
* Experience with AmberJS, MeteorJS, AngularJS or ExtJS.
* Experience with web application frameworks like Spring, Struts and JQuery.
* Experience with implementing new REST Web services and consuming existing web services.
* Experience with database design, writing stored procedures, triggers, functions, DDL, DML SQL queries using Oracle/MySQL.
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and ability to communicate system requirements, processes and data flows.
* Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
* Proven experience in developing applications strategies, facilitating implementation projects, creating system designs and solution architectures with software applications.
* Understanding of common web technologies and recent development in social, mobile and cloud applications.
* Results driven with demonstrated success in building high profile web sites.
* Must be able to influence colleagues without direct authority.
* Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
* Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to work flexible hours when needed. In addition to normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, serves on a team to provide response to emergency alarm calls and can be available on short notice to support requests during unusual hours, especially early or late in the day during the business week.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
* Generous paid time off - 14 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
* An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
* Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP's drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.
Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular