What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
* Design, implement and manage a set of highly distributed and highly scalable micro-services for the Webex product portfolio (very Agile, very DevOps) The services are mainly written in Java and running containerized on AWS.
* Enable third party developers to use our public API's to develop chat bots and integrations. More information about the API's we expose can be found at developer.webex.com. A number of existing integrations and bots developed for our platform can be found at apphub.webex.com.
* Get an opportunity to work with many different data back ends like Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, InfluxDb, Splunk and Postgres.
* Work with metrics and big data.
* Participate in design and implementation efforts across multiple geographically distributed teams of engineers, designers, product managers and system administrators.
* Work with external partners and developers to accelerate our integration strategy
* Innovate every day to build our cloud collaboration platform using Continuous Delivery and Test Driven Development.
Who You'll Work With
We're a young disruptive team, distributed world-wide with a start-up culture working in a very agile fashion, with one simple goal: reshape and reinvent the way people collaborate.
Who Are You
The Cloud Collaboration Technology Group (CCTG) is a $2B business unit that develops primarily cloud based collaboration software solutions, and is an integral part of the $4.4B Collaboration portfolio at Cisco, which is investing heavily to transform the future of collaboration experiences for our end users.
CCTG's vision is to be the recognized industry leader in the Cloud Collaboration market as well as to be the industry beacon that attracts top talent. Our strategy is to sustain innovation in our current $1B product line, and to develop innovative new products for the future that expand and positively disrupt our market. We will do all of this, and build a next generation cloud platform with APIs and an ecosystem that deliver tangible business outcomes enabling our customers to get more jobs done! With a head start of 50 million users and nearly all Fortune 500 companies, this group leads the industry.
Across our whole team, we practice a form of agile development called "continuous delivery", allowing us to release updates to both server and client components on a daily basis. To achieve this, everyone on the team is responsible for contributing to the automated tests that allow us to release with confidence. The resulting process is extremely agile, allowing both our team, and the successful candidate, to achieve greatness.
We are looking for people with specific skills, but ultimately, experience with technology FOO or acronym BAR is not as important as pride in delivering a great product to millions of users. We are serious about building a great product, but our culture is one of supportive teamwork and fun.
* Strong development experience with developing Cloud RESTful services
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
* 2-4 years experience in a SaaS environment
* Fluent in Web services and Rest Web architecture
* Knowledge of modern and commonly used Java frameworks
* Familiarity with Cisco Webex Teams platform and APIs as well as competitors products
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.