At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
As a member of a local scrum team, design, implement and test new functionality for PowerShare, "The industry's largest cloud network for image and medical imaging data exchange." Report to the Director of Engineering.
Principal duties and responsibilities
* Assisting in software development of assigned project components interpreting requirements effectively and collaborating with cross-functional team members.
* Writing technical specifications for assigned application components or major features/versions including functional specifications and design specifications.
* Leading development of components and ensuring coordination / collaboration across internal stakeholders and vendors; liaises with distributed teams globally.
* Ensuring quality code release to next step in the chain such as QA team.
* Documenting and maintaining defects and enhancements in the company issue management system.
* Owning and managing user stories and leading smaller design efforts within the context of the Agile methodology.
* Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: MSc/BSc Computer Science
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
* Strong understanding of service oriented architecture design patterns (and how and when they should be applied).
* Excellent Java programming skills, and working knowledge of Frameworks.
* Experience with Java concurrency.
* Working knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, and NoSQL datastores.
* Knowledge of containerization.Experience with REST APIs (client and server).
* Proven experience developing high-performance, multi-threaded, enterprise grade applications.
* Strong written and oral communications skills as well as excellent listening skills.
* Understanding of Agile and Lean Software Development methodology.
* Experience with cloud development (preferably Azure).
* Experience with DICOM, healthcare data and systems a plus.
* Experience with self-updating software (i.e. software queries home to find out if there are updates, downloads available updates and applies them).
* Experience developing software to run on a remote platform with no direct access to the platform.Experience with Python.
Recruiter Note:- We are seeking a 50/50 Front end/back end developer.
* This role has a focus on architectural work, leading development, and ownership of larger product features.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.