Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
Join the JVM Frameworks team at PayPal and provide the foundation on which our world-class Payment platform is built. As an expert developer in Java and Spring, your contributions to our standards-based frameworks will pave the way for thousands of PayPal developers and hundreds of applications. Your prior success building performant, available, and scalable web service and messaging applications will allow you to help other teams at PayPal achieve that same success. Coupled with your attention to detail and quality, focus on delighting your customers, and fast-paced delivery, you will help take the JVM Frameworks team to the next level.
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you are ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We are proud to work here. You will be too.
The Technology Platforms And Experiences (TPX) team is the technology engine that powers PayPal's business. We deliver a seamlessly scalable, exceptionally efficient, highly reliable infrastructure and services platform in a hybrid cloud environment. Thousands of PayPal developers build and run hundreds of applications processing billions of calls daily with high availability and reliability on our Java middleware framework products. As a team, we are active in the open source community and are proud of our systems knowledge, technology breadth, and intellectual curiosity. We are driven to empower PayPal developers in the best way possible.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The TPX JVM Frameworks Team is primarily responsible for delivering highly scalable application development frameworks running on the JVM for PayPal's product development needs. These frameworks enable the development of primarily mid-tier components providing the backbone of PayPal's products and services. We leverage open source stacks and run on PayPal's private/public cloud infrastructure. Join us to build the world's largest multi-tiered, high-performing, highly-available, efficient and scalable Payments platform.
As a T24 Software Engineer Level 3, you will be a strong technical innovator who is able to operate in a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, has excellent communication skills, and has a stellar record of delivering outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
* Design, implement, and test complex, multi-tier, distributed software application frameworks collaboratively with peers and technical leaders.
* Build solid project plans and estimate task effort accurately.
* Work with Technical Leads, Architects, Product Management, Engineers and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, availability, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
* Find and fix performance, scalability, and other production issues in a time critical environment.
* Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks and projects.
* Help hire and build a world class engineering team that impacts how we engineer at PayPal.
* 4+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, developing and delivering software platforms
* Proficiency developing object oriented software in Java
* Deep knowledge of the Spring Framework, REST and JSON
* Experience with design and development of scalable, high-volume web services and platforms
* Knowledge of one or more SQL or NoSQL databases
* Understanding of authentication and authorization best-practices for distributed applications
* Strong problem solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues
* Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, UNIX Shell Script etc.)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
* Experience with Git and Github version control, Apache Maven, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools
* Experience with using Agile/Scrum methodology for software development
* Java application performance testing and tuning
* Reactive programming in Spring Reactor or RxJava
* Experience with messaging technologies like Kafka and JMS
Austin, Texas, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide.