What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Java Developer on our software development team, you will enable products in quoting and ordering platforms for Verizon's critical applications serving Large Enterprise, Medium Business and Wholesale customers. Additionally, you will work closely with product marketing teams to ideate and develop products from inception to an enterprise product.
* Identifying, evaluating, and driving new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of software design, APIs, and web technologies.
* Designing, building, testing, and deploying services and APIs that will be integral to the operations toolkit.
* Embracing agile methodologies and showing an aptitude for being able to adapt.
* Leading the effort to transform the way we do operations by promoting a DevOps mindset
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
* Experience developing Java applications
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Java Technologies: J2SDK, J2EE, ESB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, JDBC and Java Applets
* Database experience with Oracle 11+, SQL Server or MS-Access
* Experience with XML, Javasccript, HTML, XMLSpy 3.5 Tools/Technologies
* Analyze architecture, relationship between systems and systems flow of end-to-end designs
* Develop systems and applications using complex algorithms to deliver business functions or architectural components
* Homogenize the performance of the database and optimize system resources
* Test business processes/products across applications with an end-to-end process flow
* Identify and propose business and system enhancement opportunities to reduce/eliminate Average Handling Time and improve system performance through system automation
* Partner with co-workers including IT, business partners and vendors to drive the development and enhancement of reports, visualization, and data presentation
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.