What you'll be doing...
We are looking to hire a Senior Java Developer for service management development within the My Business team. You will be responsible for leading large and complex business initiatives for My Business Portal and delivering best in class customer experience. You will interact daily with business partners in marketing/Digital Operations teams. You will guide IT team members for time boxed delivery of prioritized business functionality incorporating high quality.
Analysis and Design:
* Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs.
* Assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs.
* Evaluate solution's alignment with the end user experience.
Software/ Application Development & Architecture:
* Design systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components.
* Develop system architecture that improves designs & mapping form to function.
* Performance tuning of mission critical applications.
* Analyze the intricacies of native and hybrid mobile applications.
* Assess the needs of mobile applications with intricate understanding of Apple/Google push notifications and Google cloud messaging.
* Responsive screen designs.
* Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently.
* Support integration testing and end to end system testing and UAT.
* Partner with system test lead and UAT lead to resolve defects, address application stability and security vulnerabilities and ensure superior user experience for the software modules.
* Collaborate with interfacing teams and take action to resolve the defects.
Production Rollout, validation and support:
* Support production rollout of the enhancements with validation and post production issue resolution for enterprise release and maintenance releases.
* Track project metrics and drive self-serve utilization.
* Assess project risk, proactively take remedial action and ensure robust system performance and stability in production.
* Adopt Agile, Devops and other enablers to improve effectiveness of project delivery.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java and J2EE Technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
* Front-end integration experience working with development teams on the deployment of web-based applications (J2EE).
* Development experience with Core Java, Multi-Threading.
* Knowledge of AI/ML technologies, chatbot.
* Hands on experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot, Redis, Elastic Search, Rabbit MQ/WebSphere MQ, NoSQL and Apigee.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and technology.
* Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Ability to design and code from specifications.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.