What you'll be doing...
Join our IT team to develop OSS systems that are part of Verizon's next generation networks. The system will provide all functions related to managing network maintenance, to include scheduling, internal/external notifications, conflict detection & mitigation, routing and workflow, etc. The maintenance system will be an integrated component of an overall Service Assurance set of functions servicing Network Management and all of its key stakeholders to include Field Operations, Planning, Engineering, etc.
* Develop software that runs in a Mission Critical, 7x24, environment.
* Implements solutions architecture by building micro components/services, custom designs ensuring technical integrity and alignment with the business.
* Utilize open source tools and have knowledge of current technology that can be utilized to the teams and organization benefit.
* Identify, analyze, recommend and implement improvements in system architectures and facilitate developing of reusable components.
* Perform design, code and test plan reviews to ensure IT development meets the needs of the business.
* Communicate and resolve application interface issues by engaging other internal organizations.
* Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems creatively and make decisions.
* Build strong internal or external customer relationships and manage high level expectations at all levels.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
* Six or more years of experience and played a lead role in developing a large scale industrial system, with arecord to solving complex problems.
* Experience with frameworks such as Struts, Spring, and Hibernate and EJB.
* Experience with the following tool set: Maven, GIT, NETBEAN/ECLIPS, Jenkins, JIRA, DevOps tools.
* Experience with Telecom network technologies.
* Experience with applications servers such as WebSphere, MQ, WebLogic.
* Excellent communication skills, a team player.
* Working knowledge on developing and deploying applications into cloud.
* Knowledge of system development methodologies (Dev Ops and Agile).
* Experience with practicing agile development methodology.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.