What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
* Leading the development of domain based, micro services oriented application architecture - including technology selection (programming language, database design, and interface design).
* Defining application architecture and designing IT solutions for the Virtual Services platform.
* Assisting the Project planning tasks, Middle-ware application configuration, manage development resources & mentor junior members. The selected candidate will also be responsible for project timelines.
* Developing & building technical resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members.
* Designing and developing state-of-the-art middleware/AWS applications across platforms, products and services.
* Agile Implementation & Task Planning: Plan sequence of phased development using agile methodology, to provide continuous improvement to business process and implement business process automation & solutions.
* Designing/Developing future applications for AWS cloud platform.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
* Experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
* Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
* Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
* Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
* Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Knowledge of Cloud networking design and principles using virtual machine and Cloud Computing Environment.
* Experience in networking with focus on IP Technologies (including Virtual Network function / SDN).
* Knowledge of web technologies (such as HTTP, Apache, MySQL, or HTTP Proxies).
* Knowledge of architecting and designing Enterprise Systems.
* Experience in security architecture, network and application security protection, prevention and remediation techniques.
* Experience with Cloud, Linux, Orchestration, open source, security or COTS products.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead global cross-functional teams.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, communication and stakeholder management skills.
* Strong skills within a professional discipline including familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practice.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.