What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Java Middleware Developer, you will design and implement a highly scalable, highly available applications for Verizon Partner Solutions .You will implement and maintain next gen platform using open source / open systems, which is cloud enabled and based on Micro services architecture, Weblogic and other technologies. You will design and develop an applications to handle large volumes of transactions per day.
* Design, Architect and create solutions using java, UNIX or Windows based OS, microservices, Weblogic Server, iPlanet, JBoss and Oracle Database, Oracle SOA
* Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
* Analysis, design for the products and services in the wholesale business to fulfill the needs of strategic initiatives
* Understand the business needs and make critical design decisions and implement the same with other team members
* Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test support, deployment and production monitoring and support for the VPS platform
* Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions to provide the best customer experience
* Participate in requirement gathering and create design documents
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, Unix or Windows based OS, Weblogic, JBoss, Perl and shells scripts and SQL
* Hands on experience with Oracle SOA
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree in Computer Science.
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production
* Hands on experience with Weblogic, UNIX or Windows, Oracle DB
* Experience in implementing critical high-availability applications and experience in Microservices
* Experience in Oracle or Amazon Cloud technology
* Experience with DevOps tools
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.