What you'll be doing...
As a Java Software/Middleware Developer, you will design and implement a highly scalable, highly available application for Verizon Enterprise Systems. You will help to support the Unified Customer Profile program, which will have major savings, high availability and provide business continuity. You will help implement a next gen platform using open source / open systems, which is cloud enabled and based on Microservices architecture.
* Design, architect and create solutions using Java and Microservices.
* Analysis, design for the products and services in the Enterprise business to fulfill the needs of strategic initiatives.
* Understand the business needs and make critical design decisions and implement the same with other team members.
* Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test/production support, deployment and production monitoring and support monthly Billing updates.
* Maintain application server for backend batch processes and frontend API processes.
* Communicate with external teams including business clients on various issues and resolutions to provide the best customer experience.
* Participate in requirement gathering and create design documents.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing applications using Java.
* Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
* Experience with Perl/Bash scripts or other scripting methods for backend batch processes.
* Experience handling complete product releases from development, integration, testing, to production.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience in implementing critical high-availability applications and experience in Microservices.
* Experience with Software AG Connx product for Mainframe interface and connection and IBM DB2.
* Experience administering in a AIX and Unix environment.
* Experience with Webservice Development like SOAP and REST.
* Experience with WebSphere.
* Experience with MFT processes.
* Experience with agile development.
* Experience with OCI.
* Experience in K2View application.
* Experience with DevOps tools.
* Technical leadership, aptitude and communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.