What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the Verizon System of Engagement Team. You will be working on the Verizon business critical application which is responsible for handling all customer channels sales and Services transactions. You will be building, enhancing and involved in migrating existing technology application into cutting edge technology stack. You will support managers and peers with analysis, development, and delivery of business requirements, by working with internal and external business stakeholders, understand high-level objectives and translate and propose solutions. You will also be responsible to drive high-quality innovative solutions and reduce time to market by working with cross-functional teams throughout the software development cycle.
* Design, Architect & Create a solution using Java, J2EE Technologies.
* Review, monitoring and setup KPI's and alerts for various services.
* Participate in requirement gathering/Story grooming calls which translate into solutions.
* Analysis and design for products and related services, also responsible for product stability.
* Ensure high-quality standards of the deliverable by doing thorough code reviews and monitoring KPIs to ensure the Service Level Agreements are met.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Angular, React JS.
* Experience with SQL, Oracle.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Business Administration or related discipline.
* Experience with Microservices, Netflix OSS Stack, MQ, Public Cloud/AWS.
* Knowledge of Java Multithreading Concurrency, event-driven programming, non-blocking I/O programming.
* Experience in developing and designing high performance, scalable web applications.
* Experience with source code control systems such as Git and related practices.
* Knowledge with Agile methods and Continuous Integration including but not limited to Program and Release Backlog Management (Jira), Defect Tracking (Jira), Collaboration (Confluence, Jive, others) Test Automation (JUnit, NUnit, TestNG), Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Hudson), Code Review (Sonar, Findbugs).
* Knowledge in cloud computing and cloud-hosted applications such as Amazon AWS, EC2, and S3.
* Experience in the clustered cache is a plus such as Redis, Memcache, Coherence.
* Database querying skills using SQL on Oracle/Cassandra/PostgreSQL.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated decision-making and leadership abilities.
* Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, innovative, willing to pursue new technical areas and capable of working independently.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.