What you'll be doing...
You will be responsible for providing software design and development, and second line production support for our external customers' single sign-on suite of applications supporting Verizon's customer facing websites, mobile applications, TV platforms, and various vendor partners.
* Designing, developing and testing Java web service application software using SAML, REST or SOAP, Java and OAUTH business objects to modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture and make necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon's DevOps source and object code libraries and configuration management procedures.
* Design, develop and test Java front-end web application software to modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture and make necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon's DevOps source and object code libraries and configuration management procedures.
* Conforming to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
* Providing code review, and documentation in support thereof, for code inspection reviews as part of the DevOps software packaging and deployment lifecycle.
* Creating and providing system and user documents in support of this deliverable to include updated versions of design, process flow diagram, API specification, and error description.
* Supporting production bug reports and customer escalations, researching, finding and delivering software solutions and production bug releases.
* Performing unit and integration tests for all components of code completed for this deliverable.
* Providing status reports on a weekly basis indicating progress against project milestone and schedule.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work expereince.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Technical experience with Java J2EE technologies.
* Experience developing SAML, SOAP or REST services.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience with Asynchronous Web Design Patterns, AJAX, ASP.Net AJAX, JSON, jQuery, jQueryUI, WCF, ASMX. JDBC and Oracle DB/SQL.
* Technical experience with Single Sign On technologies (Sun or Oracle OpenSSO, ForgeRock OpenAM, Site Minder).
* Knowledge of industry secure coding standards to prevent common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross Side Scripting, Open Redirect and other secure coding standards.
* Experience with developing OAUTH services.
* Experience with JDBC and Oracle DB/SQL.
* Relational database design/development skills (SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle).
* Experience running application environments on Solaris / Linux OS.
* Knowledge of Web site security.
* Knowledge of IP, HTTP / HTTPs protocols.
* DevOps lifecycle experience utilizing GITHub and JIRA tools.
* Experience with Google drive suite services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.