What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join the Verizon System of Engagement Team. This position requires a candidate who can help with peripheral architecture definition, next-gen sales process design and technical background to implement sales technology solutions around variety of sales touch-point, digital adoption, rep interactions, Develop rep tools to enable one to many rep interaction, customers self-serve activities, personalized recommendation and various account analytics events - that can help further streamline sales process, improve digital engagement for wireless customers & improve our customer experience in stores.
* Define, design and solve the complex problem of sales experience & technology support to our store agents and customers.
* Work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit opportunities to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of global technology solution and enable the end users to use through self-service enablement, automation, scale and development.
* Work closely with sales representatives and GTS team members to understand the stakeholder requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with point of sale services and IT strategies and be compliant with the Verizon's architectural standards and governance policies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience using J2EE technologies and Oracle database.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science.
* Experience with SCM, Documentation and Project Management system.
* Experience of Devops process and technologies.
* Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
* Experience with Microservices, Netflix OSS Stack, MQ, Public Cloud/AWS.
* Knowledge of Point of Sale peripheral ecosystem including but limited to EMV payment integration,scanners and cash receptors integrated with mobile and desktop devices.
* Knowledge of Sales call center ecosystem including but not limited to IP Telephony, POS platformsand Center Metrics.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills.
* Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and solution design and implementation skills.
* Experience designing large-scale distributed systems with a deep understanding of design impacts onperformance, reliability, operations, and security.
* Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning within large scale distributed systems.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.