What you'll be doing...
We are looking forSenior Java Developer to join the Verizon ecommerce Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will be responsible for developing the application which takes care of among other things Trade-in and Prospect New Service Only flows. You should be willing to challenge designs when efficiencies or errors are found to ensure the code is delivered adhering to the industry standards.
* Work with software development teams to gather requirements and ensure best practices are adhered.
* Build and create application on Spring Reactive framework.
* Design, Implement & Support solutions for application development, security, analytics and performance management.
* Conform to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
* Conduct code reviews for junior members of team and do peer code reviews to make sure code is following standards set forward by the architects.
* Run test scripts against code to ensure quality delivery.
* Resolve code issues with urgency.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java/J2EE, HTML, and CSS.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
* Experience in programming with React JS, iOS and Andriod.
* Experience in distributed systems development like Spring5 MVC.
* Experience writing SCALA templates.
* Experience writing queries on NoSQL databases like Elastic.
* Knowledge of working with Redis in-memory data store and use it as cache.
* Experience with at least one data pipeline tool such as Kafka.
* Experience with Spring Reactive framework.
* Detail oriented abilities to ensure code meets user stories details.
* Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of current industry standards for secure web and mobile design.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.