What you'll be doing...
Join our IT Application Security team where you'll be responsible for supporting our Security Testing and Solutions organization.You will be the primary Developer for our dashboards which were built to aggregate feeds from various security-specific tools, and collects data from the static code analysis tool, dynamic app-scan, open source scan, JIRA, source code repository/version control, LMS (training), LDAP, and others.You will buildhands-on security training tools within the DevOps environment, and security-vulnerable apps that can be used to test the security knowledge of developers.You will also continuously evangelize Security Best Practices, Software Development Lifecycle, and proper processes.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience programming in Java.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Working knowledge of highly scalable system architectures.
* Knowledge of security data classifications and OWASP standards.
* Experience with DevOps tools like Stash, Jira, Jenkins, SonarQube.
* Experience with database systems like Oracle/MS SQL. NoSQL experience is a plus.
* Experience with at least one cloud technology (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
* Experience with Tableau, Kibana, Elastic Search, Splunk, etc.
* Knowledge of the Hortonworks toolset.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present findings concisely and effectively to critical audiences.
* Ability to work with the business and technical team leads to develop and understand requirements.
* Knowledge of current industry standards for secure web and mobile design.
* Ability to lead work efforts with offshore and onshore resources across different organizations.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.